Sunday, May 8, 2011

sun drenched clouds will part like doves

I had my exhibition opening last Friday night. I think overall it went pretty well. It's hard for me to gage how many people came through the room throughout the night; my space was way too big and open to have any real number. But thataside, I got lots of good feedback and met a number of people coming through the space. The most surprising part was how many business cards / postcards I gave out. I had placed the rest of my postcards at the show (approx 60 of them, let's say), and they were all taken about halfway through! I also put two separate stacks of business cards out, probably coming to a similar count, and they were all taken, too. That was sort of exciting.


It's weird to be done. I have looked forward to my show for years, but I never had any real idea of what it'd look like or what kind of work I would show. It feels to early to be done, but I am ready to leave. I feel confident in my abilities to create and to challenge myself. From here on out, I think th
e hardest part will be really pushing myself to network, to apply for shows, to do all the things I need to do. School's kind of funny. It's where we learn how to do things, but it's nothing like the real world we'll be doing them in. I still need to figure all that out.

Here's another snapshot from the show, if you couldn't make it.



Pictured above:

Top: Larry, Sharpie, nutmeg, chili powder, Robitusen, ibuprofen, oil, water color, and tonic water on canvas, 2011
Middle: And so on, and so forth, sharpie and oil on paper, 2011
Bottom: Dale, Sharpie, nutmeg, chili powder, Robitussen, ibuprofen, oil, water color, and tonic water on canvas, 2011
all courtesy the artist, copyright Lauren Schleider

No comments:

Post a Comment